Hopefully Dan’s New Year’s resolution wasn’t to be on time with updates! So ten days late, here we are with 2018.
We had a great 2017 which you can see at this link.
Here is what 2018 has in store for Healthy Strides and Macon and Piatt Counties
- The team plans on doubling offered service hours by April. We have more clients coming in as we speak
- Dan will be starting his job at Argenta-Oreana High School in January teaching college level psychology to high school seniors. This helps keep Dan in the mix alongside Kim who has served the school districts for years
- Kim and Dan plan on hitting three new school districts before 2018 ends. These districts will include Moroa-Forsyth, Cerro Gordo, and Decatur
- The team will reopen talks with the Region of Education once the weather warms to work on potentially free services backed by secondary grants
- We will host another in-service for AO School District this year.
- Wine and Whinnies is returning! The team aims for a return in May. Dates will be announced well in advance. Keep an eye out. Our trial run was extremely fun.
- During the spring and summer of 2018, Healthy Strides will run a needs and potential report. If it passes muster, we will be insulating the entire barn and adding pull heaters. Doing so will assure we rarely miss a session for cold temperatures
- In May the team will be setting up a meeting with local social workers to describe all we offer and what we do
- Plus many more little things to help
We are quite glad to have this little company as our own. We are blessed with a great county and good school districts to back us every step of the way. See you soon for more updates.